Team building is a process involving participation, collaboration and nurturing of team spirit amongst team members. This sense of team spirit is inculcated amongst participants in the team through interactive team exercises and group discussions.
At Kenya Eco Safaris, we base our team building activities on hypothetical and practical situations that the team has to work together to accomplish. From each activity the team extracts leadership skills that help in the normal working environment. Our concept ensures getting everyone “onto the same page", including goal setting and utilizing the strengths of team members to enhance productivity.
Making teams more productive in the workplace is a constant goal for many companies today – productivity is of course what makes your business competitive – especially in extremely competitive markets. Because of this, great emphasis is put upon team building. In the past, a company would form a team only for special tasks and one-off projects.
Today, teamwork is used on an everyday basis to achieve a wide range of tasks. Teamwork involves trust among team members and between management and employees.
Through team building, a wide range of activities are employed, usually in a business context, for improving team performance. Team building is pursued via a variety of practices that include group assessment and group-dynamic games, and can range from simple bonding exercises to complex simulations and multi-day team building retreats.
Team building is an important factor in any environment, and its focus is to specialize in bringing out the best in a team to ensure self development, positive communication, leadership skills and the ability to work closely together to solve a problem. To achieve this, a team leader has to be very proactive.
On this background; “The basic building block of good team building is for a leader to promote the feeling that every member is unique and adds value."
Reasons For Team Building
- Improving communication.
- Motivating a team and therefore making the workplace more enjoyable.
- Getting to know each other.
- Getting everyone “onto the same page", including goal setting.
- Enhancing leadership skills.
- Helping participants to learn more about themselves (strengths and weaknesses).
- Identifying and utilizing the strengths of team members.
- Improving team productivity.
- Practicing effective collaboration with team members.
- Time management and efficient planning lkills.
- Understanding / handling setbacks and having fun.
Team Building Exercises We Organise
- Communication exercises
- Problem solving / decision making exercises
- Peak performance exercises
- Intellectual and structured exercises
- Planning / adaptability exercises
- Trust exercise, creativity and many others.
Team Building Activities
The team building activities vary based on working together as one Team and also competitively as different Teams. The activities include;
- Team ski
- Spider’s web
- Symbol challenge
- Norwegian football
- Acid river
- Touch me not
- All aboard, and many others
We have different venues for the Team Building exercises and they include;
- The Park Restaurant and Resort – Kitengela
- Loita Hills (Border Kenya / Tanzania) – Magadi (Nguruman)
- Lake Bogoria Spa Resort – Lake Bogoria
- Fish Eagle Lodge – Naivasha
- Mamba Village – Nairobi
- Green Hills Hotel – Nyeri
- Maasai Lodge – Nairobi
- Hotel Noble – Eldoret
- Ololosokuan Sunset Resort – Nairobi
- Bantu Lodge – Nanyuki
- Mombasa Sports Club – Mombasa
- Malewa (Naivasha – Nakuru), and many more.
Sample Of 1 Day Team Building Programme
- 8.30 am – 9am: Briefing and Warm up
- 9am – 11 am: 1st session (Team work, Communication, Leadership, and Planning Challenges)
- 11am – 11.30am: Tea Break
- 11.30am – 12:30pm: 2nd session (Intellectual and Problem Solving Challenges)
- 12:30pm – 2pm: Buffet Lunch
- 2pm – 4.00pm: 3rd session (Trust Challenge, Love Challenge, Creativity Challenge, Peak Performance Challenge and Structured Physical Challenge)
- 4:00pm – 4:30pm: Tea Break and Relaxation Time.
- 4:30 pm: Departure back home.